Planet Cool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Cool

A place of fun and merriment at all times. Come to discuss anything dealing with music, movies, video games, etc.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  ChatboxChatbox  Log inLog in  

Ch-ch-ch JINZO!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivi(Planet Lame)

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:12 pm

I got a marching baritone. It's tone is totally different than the euphoniums, very bright(which is cool cos' euphonium ain't so good for contemporary crap). It's awesome.I wanted to tell someone and I figured you're the only one that might care maybe a little.
Also, mellophones are super cool.

Also, can you read bass and treble ANNNNNNNNND like bflat trumpet transposed music.
It's such an advantage to know Baritone T.C. but I cant adjust to middle C being bflat and G being F.
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

Jinzo

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Wait, so you're transposing in your head? That can be a valuable skill later on.

My friend played Marching Baritone freshman year, and he ended up being pretty good at it. He originally played Saxophone, so it taught him to play Brass and Woodwind. He's a pretty good Tuba player now.

Also, Mellophones are cool. Shame I only have a few more chances to play it before I'm gone and never touch one again. Sad
Back to top Go down
Concise Cabbage

Concise Cabbage

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:58 pm

what kind of a crack pot band are you in if you have to transpose in your head?!
Back to top Go down
Vivi(Planet Lame)

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Save up and buy one, or,like a dude I know, get a friend who doesn't practice for sh1t to bring his horn home and let you use it.

Btw, I got my marching baritone from a guy who didn't know WALKING ON SUNSHIIIIINE! about brass, also I think the Baritone was stolen.So i got crazy stupid deal on it.

Last edited by Vivi(Planet Lame) on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vivi(Planet Lame)

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Concise Cabbage wrote:
what kind of a crack pot band are you in if you have to transpose in your head?!
What I'm saying is, that in band I was taught euphonium for bass clef, but there so much great trumpet/cornet literature out there that I figure it would be extremely useful to lean T.C.
My band has nothing to do with me learning treble clef.
Back to top Go down
Concise Cabbage

Concise Cabbage

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 am

to the person playing the trumpet music all you have to do is play what is written though, unless you want to play songs written only for tuba or whatever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch-ch-ch JINZO!   Ch-ch-ch JINZO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch-ch-ch JINZO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Planet Cool :: Mass Media :: Music-
Jump to: